I pulled these from http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/
I chose this one because its style sets it apart. The lettering is huge for starters. "Sun" really attracts the eye. And with the red background this masthead bypasses the more traditional black on white that newspapers use. The fact that the font isn't a decorative one suggests that this paper gives it to you straight--without the fluff. One problem though is that there isn't mention of their website anywhere on this front page.
I think this was my favortie one. I love the nameplate. Clean, red letters in a sarif font, left justifiied with an eagle next to the "The". I like that they stacked the words and didn't just separate them with the eagle on one line. The whole thing conveys strength, patriotism. Everything is spaced nicely, nothing looks crammed together.


1 comment:
I agree that The Sun has a nice clean "no fluff" feel, but for some reason it reminds me of the National Enquirer...and no one takes that seriously...at least I hope.
Post a Comment