Sunday, April 15, 2012

If money was no object

http://www.dwr.com/product/homework-desk-double.do?sortby=ourPicks

I like this desk because the drawers almost appear to be floating. When you glance at it quickly all you see is the dark brown of the wood. The glass desktop and the chrome legs are hardly noticed. It's very sleak and modular. You can see the grain in the wood (even if it's not real) and can imagine feeling the texture of it if you ran your fingers across it. Very cool, but at $2700 the price seems a little high for the simplicity of the design.


http://www.momastore.org/museum/moma/CategoryDisplay_1045_10001_26669_26671_-1_Y_Coffee%20+%20Tea

I've never seen a serving tray like this before. For starters I like the colors in the design. The light brown of the wood against the white of the cups and gray of the spoons is nice. And if they were all filled with espresso like the one it would make for a very visually appealing arrangement. The lines, while mostly rectangular, actually move your eyes in a circle around the dishes. It's all very neat and clean and efficient. If I drank espresso I'd want one of these--especially because it's only $55.

5 comments:

JanBanks said...

Both of your choices are very neat, never seen anything really like them before. Very sleek & modern. The wood used in both pieces is very nice and I would be interested in buying them if money wasn't an issue.

Grayson Arnold said...

I really liked the set of cups, it would be a pretty interesting piece whenever you had guests over and automatically provides a coaster.

Brandon Toussant said...

I totally agree, I feel both pieces are very neat and modern.

Stephanie Lara said...

Awesome desk. I kind of feel like it could be put on the set of Mad Men and fit right in. It's retro, but still hip for today's modern office.

ah1617 said...

I really like the serving tray you chose. It is practical and a very creative design. It would definitely impress company!

Post a Comment