Sunday, April 15, 2012

Money is No Object!

Furniture: $860.00

For the piece of furniture from Design Within Reach we had to choose I picked this bright colored Adirondack rocker. I went through almost everything on the website and honestly would not put any of their furniture in my own house. It is to modern for my taste and to me very modern furniture does not have much character. I did like this item and many of their wooden outdoor furniture for the simplistic lines and very bold color choices.
http://www.dwr.com/product/go-love-rocker.do?sortby=ourPicks


Kitchen: Stove $4,295.00

For my kitchen item I chose a larger item that we all use on almost a daily basis. It is a site that has a modern take on classic old appliances from the 1940's to 1960's time period. Once again I love the bright bold color choices they offer and the simplistic style. The bold chrome around the edges offer distinctive lines and a modern touch.

http://bigchill.com/site/stoves

4 comments:

Sarah Vasquez said...

I love that chair. I've always wanted one at my house. I like that it has a wide shape so you don't feel so crowded. The lines also give it a more welcoming vibe and breathing room. The blue is really pretty.

JanBanks said...

The colors on both items is very eye catching & they both have an old school, vintage feel. The rocker has a very simple, clean look. The stove is very bold, in your face.

Grayson Arnold said...

I really like that stove; the colors are classic and it looks like something straight out of the 50's.

Stephanie Lara said...

I chose the same stove. I love color in the kitchen. I'm tired of the boring stainless steel and basic colors of most appliances. It's like putting a cool piece of accent furniture in the kitchen.

Post a Comment