Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Business Cards

This is my example of a gimmick business card. It would definitely stand out in a pile of business cards, but once the plant inside dies I think it would easily get "lost in the crowd" because there would no longer be anything special about it. Also, the font is very light and hard to read. I believe it would initially do it's purpose though and catch a few eyes.



This is my example of a functional business card. I believe it would stand out because it's not just the usual square shape. I like how they shaped it as a camera lens. I think it is a very creative idea for a photographer's business card and breaks away from the norm.



















7 comments:

Morgan Wallace said...

I agree with you about the plant part being a gimmick. It seems kind of weird to have a plant in a business card. I loved the photography examples though!! I feel like the camera is perfectly functional for the photographer it is trying to promote.

Isaiah Reed said...

The plant one I really don't like, it has a good shock value when you first give it to someone but do I really want to put a plant in my pocket after I meet you? But it would definitely help me remember you. The camera lens one I think is brilliant and helps someone remember exactly what it is that you do.

Sarah Vasquez said...

I agree about the plant card too. Why would you give me a responsibility on top of your card? All I'll associate with that is annoyance. :) But at least, it'll be memorable.

Fabian Juarez said...

Agreed. The plant card would catch the eye of some people, but others will throw it aside. The card is aesthetically pleasing but upon receiving the card I would know what to do with it. Overall, not a good business card.
The lens business card is great. Great look, great scheme, and great functionality. My only concern with the card is if I really the guy's work but I can't seem to fit his card in my wallet. I for one keep my business cards on hand and this design just seems to bulky.

briannajones said...

The plant card is pretty is a silly idea, I don't think anyone would know what to do with an actual plant in a business card, and it just seems like a waste! But I do like the layout of the card, and agree with the others that it WOULD be memorable. I LOVE the photographer business card, it's very unique, the colors are awesome and it's just a really good design. But I agree with Fabian that it doesn't seem like it would easily fit into a client's wallet.

Christine Armstrong said...

I love the functional card. The structure design of it implements the business as well as giving contact info.

Corinne Brinkmann said...

I really like the gimmick business card, such a cute idea it really stands out. I also like the functional business card because it ties in the persons profession and makes it clear what his trade is.

Post a Comment