Monday, April 9, 2012

If Money was NOT a factor

Spherical Ice Tray Set:
http://www.momastore.org/museum/moma/ProductDisplay_Spherical%20Ice%20Tray%20Set_10451_10001_57253_-1_26669_26670_57254

The piece of kitchenware that I chose is a set of ice trays from momastore.org. Ice trays might not initially seem like the most interesting pieces of kitchenware, design-wise, but these are pretty cool. Instead of traditional cubes of ice, these trays produce 2" diameter ice spheres for chilling your beverages. The trays themselves come in two separate pieces that the user fills with water and puts together to freeze. The designs of the trays themselves are less interesting than the object that they actually produce, which is the ball of ice (which according to user reviews looks great in the drinks and also melt very slowly). At $16, I would say that these sets of trays are pretty fairly priced.

Case Study Alpine Bedside Table:
http://www.dwr.com/product/case-study-alpine-bedside-table.do?sortby=ourPicks

The piece of furniture that I chose from dwr.com is a simply-designed bedside table. My eye was immediately drawn to how the desk sort of slopes up at one end and down on the other, where the drawer is. The opposite slopes are pleasant to look at and simultaneously provide balance and function to the design. I also like the coloration and style; it reminds me of tables and desks used in school when I was younger. This table is something I would definitely like to have, but at $875 it's pretty far out of my price range.

2 comments:

Morgan Wallace said...

I like those glasses a lot. They remind me of ones I see in hotels by the ice boxes. And the bedside table matches the bed I picked. I really like the curved design a lot. It looks so futuristic to me! Great picks!

Christine Armstrong said...

Very cool about the ice trays... no one ever thinks to change the shape of ice. But I'm all for not watering down a drink!

Post a Comment