For my first pick, I chose this desk from Design Within Reach:
I love it because it's so simplistic with it's design, but yet it works. I like how the designer chose brown and white for the dominant colors, but then added very few other colors for the shelves. I would use this as my desk, because there's a lot of space to spread things out, which I love to do, and there aren't any drawers in the bottom that tend to get in the way of my long legs. Most of the bruises on my legs usually come from banging them against a drawer.
As for my kitchenware, I chose these plastic bags from IKEA, which is a store I could kill a lot of time at:
The design and colors really grabbed my attention, because I like how the lines on the bag look hand drawn and almost 3D like, like I could run my fingers across the lines and feel the little bumps. Not many bags are designed like that, so if I used these, I would know these were mine. The site also said they were re-sealable, which appealed to me, because I would like to reuse them over and over.
On a random note, these paperclips are adorable:
2 comments:
I like the sleek style of the desk. I like the basic brown and white color of the desk with a small pop of color that is not overbearing to the design.
I like the style of the desk, but I definitely don't like that there aren't any drawers or anything. I have a lot of stuff in my desk and I feel that the design is kind of impractical because it doesn't have a lot of storage space.. but I guess it kind of keeps you from collecting clutter (which my desk has a LOT of) so I guess it could be a positive as well. Those paperclips are adorable! Very clever!
Post a Comment