Saturday, February 11, 2012

Magazine Examples - Corinne 3:30













I chose both of these layouts from Adbusters. This advertisement layout I chose because it grabbed my attention the most. The use of swings in the air grabs the readers attention and uses the space on the page to its fullest. What also makes it stand out is only using one phrase to get the point across. This is a great ad campaign and follows all of the rules in the 13 sins.












This feature story I chose really grabbed my attention as well. On one page there is a picture all of cars that really stands out and then the next page is a few paragraphs explaining the picture that brings the reader in. This is a great feature article, it is short and to the point with an attention grabber to begin. This also follows all of the rules of the 13 sins.

5 comments:

Morgan Wallace said...

Ooh I really like the swings in the air. That looks really cool. I also really like the car examples! They look like little paint samples kind of, and then when you look closer its cars. Pretty clever.

ah1617 said...

I really like both examples, they both fit the rules of the 13 sins. They both take a moment to understand what they are, I like that because it keeps attention longer.

Mariah Maltos said...

The ad makes good use of the principle no. 4, movement. It also uses focal point well, the swings are clearly the attention grabber.

Courtney Cooper said...

In the car feature, although the picture appears chaotic, the reader still gets a sense of line and pattern. Also, the different colors of the cars exhibit contrast.

Fabian Juarez said...

I really like the swing one. Not only is it unique but it makes me think back to my childhood days. Aesthetically pleasing.
The car one is pretty cool. The number of cars quickly grabs my attention and my eyes proceed to the story on the right. Really great choices.

Post a Comment