I found two examples from the CMYK magazine in the library. The first one is an ad for Elite Fashion Academy in Los Angeles. I like this design because I feel its edgy. The colors make it look sleek and the font makes it kind of futuristic in a way. The second photo is of the cover story. I chose the photo critique section because I really liked this section of the magazine. The left side of the page shows random photos. The few pages after these show random, yet amazing photos all over the place. The blue font and writing on the right side is simple, yet draws the reader to it. The aspects of color all throughout this magazine were very cool. If I were more into design, I might subscribe to this!


7 comments:
The top design is a little edgy but not too much. I like it. It's not too flashy but just enough. I feel as if anymore colors and words being bigger would deeply hurt this.
I do like the fact that the "Photography Critique" is in blue letters and a black background. It's easy on the eyes and makes the article look deep.
I really like the ad at the top. It is simple and grabs your attention at the same time. It's not to cluttered and gets right to the point as well. I really like the story as well the left page brings the reader in and the graphic elements of both pages are really pleasing to the eye. Both follow the rules and have great graphic elements!
I like the unique font used on the second one. It is still easy to read while still being eye catching. They are both bold and creative without losing readability.
I like the use of the blue on black in the layout, it is unique while still maintaining good readability. Both make good use of contrast, principle no. 2.
I like the layout on the bottom photo. I'm a big fan of typography and it grabbed my attention.
I really like the Elite Fashion Academy ad. It is very blunt and eye catching, I think it makes a statement.
I really like the blue against the black background. The font looks sleek with the colors enhancing it.
Post a Comment