Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Infographics

My two examples I felt were very interesting. The first example was from http://i.imgur.com/DxeQ7.jpg and its shown above. This one is an example of a feature infographic. It looks like one of the features that would be in like, a cosmopolitan magazine or something, and the headline is big and noticeable. The other type is kind of small, yet I feel it attracts readers due to the iPhone at the top. I think that is the main thing drawing people in. The story is really funny too because its super bogus and no one would ever really do that (I hope...)


The second example is one of the news infographics. I got it from: http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/3/15/1331836785722/Taschen-book-oil-rig-008.jpg. I loved this because after the oil spill, a lot of people still didn't really understand oil rigs very much and this perfectly illustrates what one is. Shell's BIG DIG attracts the reader in and shows them what the illustration is about and how rigs pump oil. I like the illustration because it is life size and shows the actual sizes of the rig compared to the ocean and boats in the sea. I would have really paid attention to this had I seen it in a magazine.

8 comments:

Stephanie Lara said...

Ha! I like the first one. The graphics are kind of retro. I like the color palette too. I hope the designer realizes most women are smarter than that!

Isaiah Reed said...

I also like the first info graphic about the iPhone. The 1-2-3 step process is made entertaing with the artwork and it's easy to follow along with.

ham429 said...

The first graphic is hilarious. It's a creative infographic that appeals to a very large audience and there isn't any clutter.
The 2nd graphic is giving a lot of technical information and it's easily read and broken down for a reader who doesn't have a lot of knowledge on this particular topic.

Katie Barnhart said...

i love the first one too. i like how it looks old but is about something very modern

Katie Barnhart said...

i love the first one too. i like how it looks old but is about something very modern

Katie Barnhart said...

i love the first one too. i like how it looks old but is about something very modern

Kisella Cardenas said...

I really thought that the feature infographic was really cute! It's fun and playful. I liked the fact that the images are drawn out and comic-y. It adds to the playful-ness of the whole idea.

Jcalhoun said...

I think the iPhone info graphic is hilarious and very creative.

Post a Comment