Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Infographics


Source: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/05/02/world/asia/abbottabad-map-of-where-osama-bin-laden-was-killed.html?ref=asia

This news info graphic is straight forward and to the point. It does a good job of not causing clutter with a lot of the information being so close together. Also distinguishing the outside parts of the fortress with a different color helps the viewer understand the location of where everything is.

Source: http://www.nextworth.com/iPad3_infographic

I chose this feature info graphic because it makes good use of a grid to give a flow from top to bottom giving information about the iPad, its uses, and how it compares to other products for usage. Also the overall design stays consistent throughout with different uses of fonts for different sections of the graph but not so much that the slight variations in fonts are distracting.

3 comments:

Morgan Wallace said...

I really do like the color and flow of the second info graphic. I think it gives good information and is an easy to understand image!

ham429 said...

The 2nd graphic is definitely useful for users who do not know much about their ipads and what they can use them for(mmhmm.. myself included)

Brandon Toussant said...

I like how the feature infographic you provided is color-coded, I feel it better gets the information to the audience clearly.

Post a Comment