Saturday, March 24, 2012

Infographics



















I chose this news infographic because it stood out to me. It uses one large graphic to tie everything in. The use of a head expanding to illustrate the amount of data consumption we use every day was a very clever idea. The writing is tight and easy to read and they minimized ornamentation and was straight to the point.


















I chose this feature infographic because I like beer and it stood out to me. It compares Guinness a dark and heavy beer to a light beer. It draws the reader in because it uses a lot of graphs and pictures to illustrate which is easy to understand rather than reading long paragraphs. As it says in the book bar charts are good for comparing things which is exactly what they did. The headline was bold and clear and makes people want to read on, especially readers that like beer.

4 comments:

Sarah Vasquez said...

Wow, that first infographic is awesome. It's cleverly designed. And the topic is so interesting. It really puts it into perspective how much time we use processing data.

Stephanie Lara said...

I like the first infographic. The head is a little creepy, but I think that might be intentional. The information is alarming, but I'm sure with the way technology is evolving that the numbers will only go up.

Christine Armstrong said...

I like the data one a lot. It's pretty creative how they used the head to serve as a graph. It really stood out to me.

ah1617 said...

I like the fact that the news infographic is unusual because it draws in the reader. It ties together design and the topic of the infographic.

Post a Comment