Monday, February 20, 2012

PICTURES- Monday 3:30 Class

I got my image from Sports Illustrated (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0702/gallery.mlb.classic.spring.training/content.2.html) I wanted to find a baseball photo because I love baseball! This image has a great focal point being Babe Ruth. I feel like this photo has great contrast in the color values as well! In a way, I feel like the photo has good movement and flow too.



I got my next image from the New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/20/us/african-american-museums-rising-to-recognize-civil-rights.html?_r=1&ref=multimedia) and I chose it because it seemed like a very powerful image. I feel like the rhythm of movement was shown in the image very well with the water flowing. Contrast was also evident due to the water and then the hands. You can vividly tell where the two separate. I also feel there is great perspective in this photo.

2 comments:

Sarah Vasquez said...

I like the bottom photo. I like how the combination of the words and water kind of directs the movement of the photo. It's a powerful image.

Fabian Juarez said...

Why are all the black guys all on top crammed in and Babe Ruth is chillin'. Seemed like Babe Ruth was Mr.Popularity in this picture, though I know he was.
The water picture is a very powerful image. My eyes start with the hand in the foreground and move upward to the spreading water. Unique indeed.

Post a Comment