Sunday, February 19, 2012

Fabian Juarez POSTERS

First off, I love Rocky and all the Rocky movies. The reason I chose this movie poster is because not only was Rocky a underdog in the movie, but the poster shows him at the top over coming odds just like in the movie. Also, the words "His whole life was a million-to-one shot" signify that he has one chance to do something.
What stood out to me in this vintage poster was the fact that you can clearly see what is being advertised. A Grand Prix race obviously, but look closely. Which sponsor gave the most money to have its' name front and center on the poster. Cigarettes anyone? If anything I love its' subliminal message.

4 comments:

Lauren Lanmon said...

The Grand Prix race poster is awesome, I love how they incorporated their sponsers into the picture.

J Dyer said...

I like the Rocky Poster. The name and rocky are a bit of a darker shade of black, stands out against things in the background. Also, the contrast in size between Rocky and the monument is neat.

Anonymous said...

I like the use of the different shades of black and white in the Rocky poster. I also agree that the size of Rocky compared to the monument is very powerful. The Grand Prix subliminal messaging is great as well.

Isaiah Reed said...

The Rocky poster does a good job of signifying what the whole movie is about. A lot of triumph. The poster does a good job of reflecting that.

Post a Comment