Vintage Poster: I chose this poster for the Olympics as my vintage poster because I believe it portrays the host country, the United States, and the Olympics themselves accurately. The United States through the Liberty Bell and the flag. Then, the Olympic rings with the olive branch which symbolizes unity and peace is exactly what the Olympic games are all about, the world coming together and being united through sportsmanship and friendly competition.

Movie Poster: I chose The Hunger Games movie poster mainly because I am looking forward to seeing it and I think the poster portrays it well after reading the book. But, even if I hadn't read the book, the red and yellow flames of the "mockingjay" pin on fire against the black background is quite eye-catching. Then, "may the odds be ever in your favor" draws interest into what this could be about. Very simple, but extremely powerful and intriguing at the same time.
Source: http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Hunger-Games-Teaser-Posters_i8672906_.htm
1 comment:
I LOVE the Hunger Games! The poster is very eye catching and even if I had not read the books I think this poster would lure me into the theaters to see what this movie is all about.
Post a Comment