I got this one from www.thevintageposter.com.
This poster works because its message is clear. Its aim is to prevent accidents on the runway, so it sends its message in a way that can't possibly be misinterpreted. What spoke to me first were the colors. Soft--almost pastel--and complimentary. I also like the symmetry of this poster. It's not selling anything as far as money goes (I can picture this in the pilots locker room). But it sells safety by showing an image of something any pilot would want to avoid--a collision.
This one I pulled from www.allposters.com.
Awesome. This poster works because it displays a 50 foot woman attacking for a movie about a 50 foot woman attacking (though she looks a hell of a lot bigger than 50 feet tall). It speaks to me in that the idea of giant hot chick rampaging through a city sounds insanely cool. The fact that I've seen this movie about a hundred times and love it doesn't hurt. It sells because of directness. There are no lofty ideals or ambiguity about it. It says "You wanna see a giant woman tear shit up? Then come on down!" And did I mention that she's smokin' hot?


No comments:
Post a Comment