Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pictures

For the news photos, I chose this one from the Statesman about Pcf. Matthew Leyva . It's such a powerful photo. The focal point is definitely Pcf. Matthew Leyva. I was immediately drawn to his eyes and then of course, his body. Even though he's laying on a blue mat while wearing blue, the shades contrast with each other so he doesn't blend in too well. I like that the white pillow breaks the contrast a bit.
Photo source: Austin American Statesman (Warning: there's a video that starts playing when you click the link.)
For the sports photo, I picked one from Central Michigan Life, a publication from Central Michigan University. I love how the yellow jersey breaks the repetitiveness from the green jerseys behind him. I don't know how the photographer got that close or what kind of lens she used, but you can clearly see the expression on everyone's face. I feel like I'm one of the players in the game witnessing this action.
Photo source: Central Focus

7 comments:

melissagrance said...

I really like the Sports Illustrated photo you chose. I think the angle from which it was shot is very eye catching. Your eye instantly goes to the guy in the yellow jersey and the contrast between his bright color and the dark colors surrounding him is very appealing.

Courtney Cooper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren Lanmon said...

The photo from the statesman is a wonderful photo. Just by looking at the picture you can already begin to figure out the story, and it would really make me want to read the story and see what this was all about.

Tess Jones said...

The first photo is very moving. It's one of those things that needs no words..powerful.

Tess Jones said...

The first photo is very moving. It's one of those things that needs no words..powerful.

Grayson Arnold said...

The sports photo is a very cool one, I liked that image. The angle/lighting of the picture and faces of the players really come together to tell you exactly what was happening here; it's a scene in and of itself. Plus, that guy in the back's face is pretty funny.

Stephanie Lara said...

I saw that photo on the first page of the Statesman last Sunday and it definitely caught my eye. It's very powerful. Most of the cover photos are usually so blah, but this one was just a great photo overall. It evokes emotions on many different levels.

Post a Comment