This is my choice of vintage poster. It speaks to me because I am a lover of classic rock and I feel that gone are the days of the psychedelic rock poster to advertise concerts, which is a shame. The design works because most people know when they see this sort of font and trippy design, they are looking at something to do with rock music, which is good for getting the message across.
http://www.classicposters.com/Young_Rascals/poster/Bill_Graham/44
I chose the Jaws movie poster because it is such an iconic poster in my opinion. It was the first shark movie of its kind and I'm sure everyone at the time remembers the frightning image of the shark underneath the female swimmer. The bold red font used for the title is perfect as it conveys drama and fear. The whole design just works perfectly to play to the theme of the film: terror!
http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Jaws-Posters_i3406494_.htm

4 comments:
I agree with all of the above. Your vintage poster is classic, vintage rock posters...the font, the colors and the shapes all scream vintage rock. Then, with Jaws, the bold red font is perfect for any terror movie. Then the HUGE shark under the little swimmer makes you want to see what happens to her.
Great pick on the "Jaws" poster. This image is so terrifying to me! The obvious size difference between the girl and the shark sends a primal message of fear; the red color of the title foreshadows the blood that will cloud the water.
I love the Jaws poster! It is so iconic and says so much. Everyone really does remember this image. Again, it's very simple and it works so well! The pop of red looks really good.
I love the jaws poster too. Everyone knows what it is, everyone can recognize it as soon as they see it. All movie posters should strive to achieve that, instant recognition. It isn't even a real picture of a shark but still is scary.
Post a Comment