Vintage Poster
I had difficulty finding a vintage poster than I liked. I love concerts and I've always admired Bob Masse's posters. I'm using this one from 1967 for a band called the Freudian Slips. I think the art is interesting in his work, but after looking at so many posters I think have developed a headache. However, I think the art is unique - the text and font appear original. I don't get how this guy was so famous for making posters since his posters tell you very little about the band and their music, but it's still interesting to look at. And I believe he is still making posters for current bands.
Source: http://www.bmasse.com/60s.html
Movie Poster
For my movie poster I chose this one from Little Miss Sunshine. If you've seen the movie I think this is an important scene and the poster perfectly captures the essence of the entire movie. I like how the text is small and how it doesn't take away from the image. The image captured all of the main characters and I think it's interesting that they used a moving image where they are clearly in motion. Above all, I think the movie is more about the characters and the story rather than the actors and this poster demonstrates that.


5 comments:
I love Little Miss Sunshine! And I agree that this poster is a good fit for the movie.
I agree. The first poster of the band is unique but hard to interpret. I'm a little confused by what the poster is saying but then again I do not understand the band. I'm sure some fans would get it.
The Little Miss Sunshine poster is quite simple but tells the story on the movie quite well. Yellow is always easy on the eyes which helps and the font gradually gets bigger signifying the some growth in the characters will take place. Everyone chasing the van is good storytelling since it goes with what the movie is trying to say.
The movie poster i LOVE. I remember seeing it before the movie came out and just being very intrigued with what the movie could possibly be about. It has a very indie feel.
I agree with Sarah, after watching the movie, Little Miss Sunshine and seeing the movie poster, it does a great job telling the story with just that one picture.
I like the movie poster. I can tell by the poster that there is a good chance it would be a fast pace movie. The poster is kind of quirky which makes it stand out.
Post a Comment