Gimmick: I just really hate these. I understand making something different than just a card and it is something that you can wear, not just put in your pocket. But how many people would really ever wear this? If you need someone's number that accessible you just put it in your phone. It's silly to think someone would think your business was important enough to wear around your wrist. I could never take a company seriously who handed me this. They are trying way too hard to be different.
http://www.toxel.com/inspiration/2008/12/09/40-creative-business-card-designs/
functional: I like this one. It is creative and isn't trying too hard. It has all the information needed and does it in a modern way. I wouldn't want this for my personal card because I would want something more classic but for the company being advertised, it's pretty smart without being obnoxious.
http://webdesignerwall.com/trends/80-creative-unique-business-cards


7 comments:
I definitely agree with you about the rubber bracelets.... they are really inconvenient and annoying. And I thought the google-style card was neat, simple, catchy and to the point.
I like the Google card, it is a clever idea and something that most people can relate to and understand easily.
I'm with you on that gimmicky "card". Pretty tacky. And the color is hideous. It basically looks like a rubber band. And you're right...nobody would think enough of your business to want to wear its logo. And, more importantly, it's pretty conceited to think your business IS important enought for someone to want to wear your logo.
Ha! I just realized that it IS a rubber band! I was thinking it was one of those Lance Armstrong type deals but no...it's far, far worse.
I really liked the google themed business card idea too. I feel like any time you tie in something people are familiar with you are likely to be remembered.
I hate those rubber bands too! I mean I'll give points for creativity, but I just think it's a waste of money. I just don't think people would actually acknowledge them - I'd just toss it in our used rubber band box at work and not think twice about it.
Rubber bands are definitely annoying and I avoid any type of rubber band regardless of if it's advertising something or not... The google business card is very suiting though.
Post a Comment