
Gimmick: I think this is a good example of a gimmick business card because first and foremost, you need two hands to read it. It's not something you can easily grab from your wallet and make a quick phone call. Although a unique idea, it lacks design, color, logo, etc..

Functional: I think this is a good example of a functional business card because the structure design implements the mechanical company, it has eye catching colors and logo, and on the back has a contact person with their position and multiple ways to contact them.
4 comments:
Forgot to site!
http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2009/05/100-really-creative-business-cards/
I agree with you fully on the first one. I saw it and thought although its a cool idea, its not really smart to have a "card" like that. The second example was way more useful and I feel that it speaks about the company way more than the other one does.
I really like the first one. It's definitely a gimmick in the sense that it's different & unique. People might ignore it since it isn't easy to read or be more drawn to find out what it says. I would also suggest using neon colors instead.
I totally agree with you on both points you presented. After looking at various designs, layout and ways to organize the ideal business card I'm all the more confused. Simple, chic, and functional? Innovative, crafty, and fitting to your purpose?
Post a Comment