Sunday, April 1, 2012

Multimedia

For my first example is this new segment about the three recent Lotto winners. They showed the different places where the tickets were purchased.
    

I chose this because they used a lot of elements used for multimedia. They didn't interview the winners so they relied on the shots of the stores and other customers to tell the story. They used movement inside the store to transition between the different shots. One example is the customer who takes the photo of the winning machine which transitions to the guy touching the machine for luck which then transitions to his interview.

Then for pop culture, I chose Sh*t Girls Say.



This video was well done, which ended up inspiring people to make videos similar to this. I don't think some of them aren't as good though. The continuity of each shot in this video had enough space so it didn't feel like you were being rushed through each scene, but gave enough space to enjoy each little joke. The perspective changed depending on the joke. There are other people in the scenes, but they tend to focus on the girl so it feels like you are part of the circle.

3 comments:

Kat K said...

The second video is very funny and I do agree about the continuity of each shot.

J Dyer said...

I like the elements you discussed for video one. They did a good job telling the story with clips and voice-overs. I also like the different perspectives they got from the other customers that were at the store.

Jcalhoun said...

I definitely like the sh*t girls say video, I think all of the videos based off that one are hilarious and very well done.

Post a Comment