Monday, April 2, 2012

Postcards

 I got this postcard from Post Secret Archive. I really liked it because the person seemed to live vicariously through the stories they read. I also really liked how the drawing of King Barbar is reading his own book.
This postcard I got from VintagePostcards.com. I liked the topic of women's suffrage and just the antique look of the postcard. I really feel that the handwriting also adds a personal touch to both of the postcards I selected.

5 comments:

J Dyer said...

I really like the personal touches both of your postcards have. They both have minimal amounts of color... one dominant color that stands out, really sets the image apart from the card.

J Dyer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Isaiah Reed said...

The King Barbar one is funny, and the fact that it looks like a kid drew adds to the effect that it seems more like a childish fear.

Mariah Maltos said...

I love the King Barbar one! Kids think the funniest things, I know I had similar irrational fears as a child! The childlike drawing really adds to the design as a whole.

ClairePagel said...

The 2nd one is really interesting. The colors used in both of the selected post cards are great because they draw your attention to the postcards.

Post a Comment