Monday, April 2, 2012

Postcards

I chose this postcard because I love the use of color, the red and yellow really pop. Also, even though it is in another language you can tell that it is for a new show or movie being presented at a cinema by the film strip.
Source: http://www.vintagepostcards.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=VPC&Product_Code=CAME-F9099&Category_Code=CAME


I chose this postcard because the red really popped out against the whites, greys and blacks. The red also portrays the emotion of what the text is saying.

Source: http://postsecretarchive.com/2012/04/my-biggest-hurt-was-that-through-our-years-of-friendship/

3 comments:

J Dyer said...

Both of your postcards really capitalized on the effect the color red has in a design. Especially when it's against a more monochromatic background, the effect more dramatic.
I really liked how the postcards for "The adventures of Micou"drew the title along the reel of film.

Sarah Vasquez said...

I like the last postcard. I agree that the red, white and black contrast really well together.
There's a lot of wording but the way the fonts are laid out and used makes it easy to read without seeming too much.

melissagrance said...

I love the design of the last postcard. The placement and different colors really makes the text stand out. It makes the words more powerful and dramatic.

Post a Comment