I thought this postcard was really striking, even though the design is fairly simple. The viewer's eye is immediately drawn to the text because the white coloring makes it stand out from the dark background. The way the pulse spike eventually goes to a flat line really ties into the emotion and sense of hopelessness that is conveyed by the text.
http://postsecretarchive.com

I thought this vintage 1925 travel postcard was interesting. The use of red throughout the card (text, columns, fruit on the bushes, sunset, mountains, etc.) adds to the overall visual appeal and also adds interest. The larger font size used with the names of the two cities and the date also grabs the viewer's attention and gets the important information across.
http://www.vintagepostcards.com
4 comments:
I agree, I thought that first postcard was powerful. It's a pretty simple way to convey a far more complicated and painful issue, while staying visually compelling and appealing at the same time.
I think the second one is very unique. The colors and text really add to the vintage feel.
I like the first one. The line from left to right draws my eye to look further into the image. Immediately I thought of death.
I love the first one. Says a lot with few words and the colors of the image evoked emotion on my behalf.
Post a Comment