Monday, April 2, 2012

Postcard


Vintage^
http://www.vintagepostcards.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=VPC&Product_Code=CIRC-F5026&Category_Code=CIRC
I chose this circus-themed postcard because of its vibrant colors and the fact that all of the illustrations are of action being done; it accurately portrays what people going to the circus during this time period might expect to see. I also liked the contrast between the nearly-blank space at the top left vs. the rest of the card and the effective use of the creative borders separating each character on the card.


Post Secret^
http://postsecretarchive.com/2008/09/im-not-afraid-of-the-dark/
This one is kind of grim-looking, but it was one of the few that I found that wasn't either depressing or just like every other one posted. The black, white and red really go well together to make a striking image that visually displays the written message and packs a punch as well.

3 comments:

Mariah Maltos said...

I really like the post secret postcard. I'm a huge fan of horror movies but it has scarred me for life: every time I hear a bump in the night I imagine every worst possibility, when it's probably just my neighbors!

Morgan Wallace said...

I really like the second one. I agree with Mariah. I freak out everytime I hear a noise. I still sleep with all the doors closed and in the center of my bed...and I am 21. But I don't care...Horror movies ruined my life!!

Katie Barnhart said...

i really like the second one I was about to use it until I saw that you did. I like that it is dark and and more mature than the other "secrets" on the website

Post a Comment