Monday, April 2, 2012

Postcard

I chose this from http://www.vintagepostcards.com. I liked it because it's so old that you can compare it to the current Mickey Mouse and see how much he has developed. A true classic disney character.
I chose this image from http://postsecretarchive.com/2010/11/. I liked it because of the colors and the fact that when i first looked at it i thought it was a mirror image but now that i see it closer it's just a portrait.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the first one, Mickey Mouse is a classic icon. I also like the peacefulness that the second one portrays.

Kat K said...

I liked the second postcard because it's very serene and calm, even the colors add to that feeling.

Grayson Arnold said...

The first card is funny to me just because of how goofy Mickey looked back then. Also, it seems like as far as animation went back then, the character illustrations/details were far more important than the background, which wasn't really detailed at all.

I thought the second card was a mirror image as well, and I guess it is as far as the mountains go, but I thought the tree was too. There's really good contrast in this picture as well, with the blank space there in the middle plus the area at the bottom is darker, while the area up top is brighter and has sharper details.

Stephanie Lara said...

I feel like I could've submitted the postsecret one. My life is so crazy that some days I want to disappear for just one day to regain my sanity.

Post a Comment