Monday, April 2, 2012

Postcards

http://postsecretarchive.com/2005/03/3-13-2005/

I believe this postcard is incredibly powerful because the artist captured the intensity of 9/11 with his shading. However, I think the actual text is really upsetting.

http://www.vintagepostcards.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=VPC&Product_Code=ANIMDO-F6347&Category_Code=ANIMDO

I think this is the most adorable postcard. The colors are very vibrant and I like how it is symmetrical.

4 comments:

Stephanie Lara said...

The 9/11 is disturbing. Seems like the person wanted to vanish prior to 9/11 and now regrets it if they are posting a secret about it.

Katherine W. said...

Wow....that's really crazy, but yet probably a really interesting story. I think it's sad though for the family and friends.

Lauren Lanmon said...

The second post card with the dogs in a band is really silly lol. I can't read what the text actually says so I don't know if it is an advertisement or not, but it is silly and does catch your attention.

ClairePagel said...

The 9/11 one is very disturbing, but the image does a very good job at capturing some of the emotion that went on that day.

Post a Comment