Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Fonts

I pulled all three of these logos from www.candywarehouse.com.


This logo uses an old style font, particularly notable because of the serifs and the straight up and down look. I assume from the addition of "SINCE 1901" that this candy caters to an older crowd. In that case the large, easy to read text is a good selling point.

Clearly this logo for Lindt is using craftmanship for a selling point. They are going for elegance and so have chosen a script font. This company has been (presumably) handmaking gormet chocolate since 1845, and so to sell their product they have chosen a handwritten-type font.


The Reese's logo font is a decorative one. It is highly recognizable. It uses italics for emphasis, but overall it's just a simple, clean design. What is very interesting about it, however, is that the colors of the logo are the same colors as the candy. Smart advertising.

4 comments:

Lauren Lanmon said...

Haha I like how you threw in that the font is big so that it could be easily read by the older crowd! I like Lindt's font because it does look elegant and using gold always makes it look high class.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Lindt's font it is very elegant and the craftsmanship is superb. Also, very smart-thinking on the Reese's candy choice of color.

Katherine W. said...

I chose the Lindt font as well and I agree with the elegance etc.

Sarah Vasquez said...

I like the Lindt logo. I agree with you that it shows they're going for elegant so to me, when I see this, I think special one-of-a-kind chocolates that you get at a specialty store.

Post a Comment