Sports Photo
For my sports photo I chose this one from USA Today. This is from their bank of NBA All Star Weekend photos. This particular one is of Derrick Williams during the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest. It has a great focal point. I like the composition particularly the green Sprite screens which give this picture some contrast thus causing the focal point to stand out. I also think that visually it has good balance.
Caption: Derrick Williams goes between the legs for a slam. (Photo 6 of 52)
Photograher: Lynne Sladky, AP
News Photo
It took me awhile to find a strong news photo. I found this at one Time Magazine on their Light Box page. This is from the Pictures of the Week: February 17-24. This photo is visually stimulating. It draws you in with the focal point being the nose. There is balance and contrast between the colors and the symmetry of the face.
Caption: Feb. 20, 2012. A Hindu holy man, or sadhu, with tika on his forehead, is seen at the premises of Pashupatinath Temple during the Shivaratri festival in Kathmandu. (Photo 18 of 64)
Photographer: Navesh Chitrakar, Reuters


No comments:
Post a Comment