from http://www.nytimes.com/pages/sports/index.html
This image from The New York Times sports page possessses many of the principles mentioned in the text. Starting off, the basketball player laying in the center of the photo, being the main point of the photo and the first thing one tends to look at first, shows that the image does have Principle No. 1- Focal Point. Contrast is seen throughout this image as well through all the shapes of confetti falling on the hardwood basketball court floor and other factors leads to the image filling the qualifications of Principle No. 2- Contrast. Even with all the things taking place in the photo, I feel it all comes together to create a strong sense of balance. I feel all the factors of the image come toegther and complement one another to make the photo outstanding. With that being said, I feel the image also follows Principle No.3- Balance.
News:
from http://runway.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/25/bottega-veneta-body-heat/?ref=fashion
This particular image The New York Times fashion section, I feel, encompasses four of the principles mentioned in the text. The fact of the shot baeing taken as the models head down the runway show Principle No.4-Movement very clearly. Also the constant line of models moving throughout the photo creeates of Principle No. 5-Rhythm. Principle No. 6 refers to perspective and the sense of movement into the distance or through a forground, middle, or background of an image. I feel this image is a ideal example of the that notion and principle. Lastly, in my opinion, I feel this photo has a characterstics of Principle No. 7- Unity. Unity relates to all the parts of a image or design work together to make everyhting feel as if it all needs to be togther to make the image what it is and get the intended message across to an audience.
1 comment:
I really like the second photo of the models at fashion week. It has more of all of the elements together in one picture than any of the photos I have seen thus far.
Post a Comment