Sunday, February 26, 2012

Posters: Jordan & Canadians kissing


I picked this early action shot of M.J. dominating the court in one of the most iconic playoff series of all time. I love the film grain & colors; the '80s dress is sweet too. The focus of the shot is right on point, showing the intensity of both Jordan and Byrd in the center of the frame. Perhaps not his most iconic photograph, but I still love it.

Source: Sports Illustrated



This photograph really struck me -- I saw it at a time when a lot of anger was running rampant through my FaceBook news feed over 'income inequality' when support for the Occupy protests was at its peak. I think that for such an act of Love to be centered in the middle of photographed Chaos is absolutely wonderful; the photographer did a really great job with the lens adjusting the aperture and shutter speed accordingly, which I'm sure was hard to do given his or her adrenaline rush amidst an all-out riot. Canadians get emotional about hockey, and I understand this sentiment.

Source: Buzzfeed

5 comments:

briannajones said...

I really love the second photo, I agree that the use of focus of the photographer was pretty amazing.

Anonymous said...

I agree with both, you can really see Jordan's intensity in both his face and "movement" and with the second photo it is truly a great moment in an unsuspecting time.

Brandon Toussant said...

I feel the first photo was amazingly shot. I feel that anyone who views it can get a better feeling of the moment from the way in which the shot was taken.

JanBanks said...

Both photos capture so much emotion, I really like them both and the story behind them.

Stephanie Lara said...

The kissing Canadians is an amazing photo. They seem out of place, but then look so natural there.

Post a Comment