http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2012/02/26/sports/YIRISH.html
This picture is obviously attention grabbing. The focal point is the player shooting the ball. I don't think contrast very dominating (even though the main subject is in white and the rest is pretty dark) but movement is. Your eye follows his body up to his arm up to the ball. the rule of thirds plays in here, being that the most important thing you are supposed to look at is only a partial part of the photo.
http://travel.nytimes.com/2012/02/26/travel/nogales-mexico-a-few-steps-and-a-whole-world-away.html?ref=travel
This photo's colors are stunning and vibrant. It uses contrast well because the colors pop. The composition is balances and unified with the girls being 2 in the front and 2 in the back all in all taking up the entire photo. it holds equal weight. traditionally the focal point might be the objects closest to the camera but this contrasts that idea and focuses on the girls furthest away. This is using perspective letting the viewer decide what to concentrate on.
1 comment:
I like the NYT photo. I almost picked the same one. The colors are nice.
Post a Comment