http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0902/nba.dunk.contest.winners/content.15.html
I chose this photo because the composition is pretty awesome. The focal point to me is the basketball hoop, but the composition of the player leads your eyes from the basketball, to the hoop, and around the whole picture. The variety of colors creates contrast, and I also like how the composition of the photo and the perspective it was shot from gives the photo symmetry.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/24/world/syria-expatriates/index.html?hpt=wo_t5
I chose the photo because I liked the composition, it is visually appealing and the focal point (the man holding the flags) appeals to the rule of thirds. The lights and darks in the photo give it contrast, and it's just a really good shot that captures a lot of emotion.


3 comments:
I like the news photo, focusing on the man in the foreground and capturing the larger scene behind him as well.
The angle of the second photo gives it more power and interest
I like the sports photo. His arms outstretched gives is balance - and it looks graceful like he's flying.
Post a Comment