This is a feature article that could perhaps be very plain if it weren't for all the bright colors. Because they are showcasing the featured artist's products, I think they had to keep the text relatively basic so the color would pop. This is using balance so your eyes can focus on the text- easy to read and also the products- eye catching. The flow of the article is pure with the exception of the one inserted photo. The element most prominent is obviously color and the most prominent principle I think is repetition because of the consistency of the layout on the right page.
This ad is unique and a little weird. I've never seen something like this advertised before. It's telling people to stop using their copy righted tree air freshener symbol. I didn't know this was a problem...
But it uses a slight tone of humor (to me at least) to make a point that is obviously important to them.. There is some attempt at texture with the magnifying glass but the most obvious principles are shape and size- with the symbolic tree being the most dominant thing in the picture. Making dominance the most prominent element.
Both these ads are from Communication Arts

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment