Sunday, February 12, 2012

Magazine Design


Both images are from Ad Busters:

The first advertisement is actually on advertisements, and how they can take over our lives. I think there is a good use of positive space since there is actually little to no white space at all. There is also a good use of texture; it actually looks 3D like the man is driving down a very busy street and the whole picture is unified together very well.

The feature story is on Rock and head banging music. The shape is fairly normal with rectangular photos and columns of text. However, the hot pink and bright yellow color make the article pop and could attract a broader spectrum of audience than the stereo-typical "headbangers".

5 comments:

JanBanks said...

I like your feature story a lot. I like the color contrast between bright neon text and black & white photos.

Melissa said...

That top one is really cool. I like how busy it is, Reminds me of I Spy!

Weldon Mckenzie said...

The top one really just hits home about how consumed we are in material wealth. 'MURICA.

Anonymous said...

The ad is crazy busy, but it is very accurate in how we are slammed with ads constantly on a daily basis.

Stephanie Lara said...

The top ad is a perfect for advertising or mass comm. It slightly exaggerates how much we are bombarded with advertisements these days.

Post a Comment