For my vintage poster, I chose this Woodstock poster. I wasn't alive to go to Woodstock, but it is one of those events that will be discussed for decades. I like this poster because while I do think it's a bit cluttered, it gives you a pretty good idea of what this festival was all about: all these people in one place enjoying music. I like how they kept with black and white photos and then used the one salmon color for the text. It's a very simple idea, but contains a very clear message.
For the movie poster, I picked one for indie film "Searching for Sonny." It's about three high school friends who discover at their high school reunion that the fourth friend from their circle is missing, so they try to find out what happens to him. I love the poster because it has that film noir vibe to it.
1 comment:
i LOVE the first poster! I think it represents itself perfectly!
Post a Comment