For the vintage poster, I liked all the World War II themed ones. I just thought back to my grandpa seeing them and them making him jump into the war effort. This one I got from: http://www.thevintageposter.com/ and the image is this. I really like how emotional the guy looks and the colors are perfect. The red shows the more wartime theme, where as his emotions and holding the gun makes anyone want to jump up and fight with him.
For the movie poster, I picked one of my favorite movies. Ladies, I know you feel me on this: http://www.thevintageposter.com/ is the site I got it from. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how passionate this cover is. I mean, if this doesn't scream "The most perfect love story ever made that women cry over and over again while watching and dreaming and wishing it was them" then I don't know what will. The rainy look over all of that love is just so attention grabbing. The simple text at the top, and then "The Notebook" going along the bottom is brilliant. I may be slighted due to it being my favorite movie, but it gets me every time.

6 comments:
No girl can say they don't like this movie, that's for sure. I like the more neutral tones in the color scheme and Ryan gosling looks good in a wet shirt that clings to his body :)
Yeah I agree with the above comment. When I think of The Notebook, I think of that scene. I never noticed this before and you can clearly see her engagement ring in this photo. Whoops.
LOVE the image on this poster! The softness and rain really sets the tone for what it's promoting.
LOVE the image on this poster! The softness and rain really sets the tone for what it's promoting.
LOVE the image on this poster! The softness and rain really sets the tone for what it's promoting.
I really like how the wartime poster puts the soldier in a dramatic, attention grabbing pose that covers the whole page diagonally. Not being able to see the rest of the scene leaves me wondering exactly what is going on...is he tring to catch something being thrown his way or signaling someone?
Post a Comment