Friday, February 17, 2012

Posters

Vintage Poster

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/We-Can-Do-It-Rosie-the-Riveter-Posters_i1099871_.htm
Here is the iconic Rosie the Riveter poster. There is not a lot of text and there doesn't need to be. I think the reason why this design works so well is because the image is so empowering and pretty much speaks for itself. It's just a really strong and motivating image. It really does empower women and that's why it works and sells.

Movie Poster

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/10/12/50-beautiful-movie-posters/

I absolutely love this Sweeny Todd movie poster! The touch of red represents the blood and violence that takes place in the movie. I feel like the floor boards really draw you in to him and makes you feel engaged. This poster really represents the movie and the whole feeling of everything. It just gives a very eerie feeling. The font works really well and overall this poster have a great design.

3 comments:

Fabian Juarez said...

I love the "We can Do it!" poster. The message it gave out was powerful for the time and still is to this day. They did a great job on the design. Simple but very effective. The yellow is easy on the eyes and font says it all.

Ahh... Sweeney Todd. This poster pretty much says it all in a nutshell. I believe that's what a poster is supposed to do. He's a barber holding a razor and blood in the title. I wonder what all that means.

Mariah Maltos said...

I love the vintage poster, what an iconic, powerful image! It just works. I really like the lighting in the movie poster, I completely agree with your description of "eerie", my thoughts exactly.

Brandon Toussant said...

The "Sweeny Todd" movie poster is absolutely AMAZING. The use of the fire-engine red spaeks volumes to the message of the movie and also catches the audience's attention to go see the film.

Post a Comment