Friday, February 17, 2012

Magazine Ad and Layout

Advertisement

I'm a little late on this but I just recovered my phone from the wreckage after my car was totaled Monday night. Spread the word: Please don't text and drive - it is not fun for the person getting hit. Okay that was my PSA for the week. I found my ad and layout in Communication Arts (January/February 2012 edition). I like this ad primarily because I like the color orange. I like the use of text and how the text is sectioned off. I don't really get how it communicates that we are supposed to feed and/or feast on whatever is at the site listed, but it grabbed my attention and made me want to check the site out.


Source: Communication Arts (January/February 2012 edition). Back inside cover.

Story Layout

This particular edition of Comunication Arts was an awards issue so the majority of layouts were mostly showcasing the winners. This particular page has photographs of thank you cards that I liked. The photographs are spaced out evenly and they highlight the use of text on the cards. The layout definitely focuses on the photographs and the work contained in the photos. I like that the text describing the photos is lighter on the page allowing the pictures to stand out.


Source: Communication Arts (January/February 2012 edition), p. 179.

No comments:

Post a Comment