Okay, so I chose the first Masthead for The Dickinson Press because the font from "SUPER Tuesday" story REALLY jumped out at me and caught my attention. I really like the layout of the page, it really flows all together. I feel like the arrangement of the "Super Tuesday" along with the photos because I feel like it leads your eyes around the layout and then it pulls you into the polls in the middle, its pretty much a BIG teaser that draws the reader into the story. It also adds the intensity of the political race as well. The red/white/blue flag colors and the big "SUPER" is kind of obnoxious, but I feel that it serves its purpose in catching the readers attention.
The second Masthead I chose for The Desert Sun I chose because I liked the font, it's different and smooth, and I like the sun logo also. The spacing I feel is perfect, and I like the cut out photo also. I also really like all of the bright colors, from both newsletters. Personally, I am drawn to anything with bright colors.
-Brianna Jones
www.newseum.com.


3 comments:
I love the sun logo for the second one and I agree the Super Tuesday headline is pretty obnoxious but it catches attention at the same time.
I like the Dickinson Press headline. It's really cool and catchy.
The Dickinson Press Headline is one that I like. The huge text stands out from the rest. It's a quick attention grabber and leads my eye to the lead story.
The Desert Sun is a bit more creatively designed. Your eyes go from the nameplate to the photo and finally to the story. Very well designed.
Post a Comment