I chose Houston Chronicle, because I like the way title grabs the eye- with the all caps font and the yellow star. It is also easily identifiable and stands out from other fonts on the page. At the same time, the bold title helps to draw out the smaller headlines. I really like how they included their website, date and issue in the underline of the title. Simplifies the design and doesn't distract from the news on the page.
I chose the Seattle Times for their use of Font and Spacing. The font they used for their title is a modern twist on the similar looking, more traditional fonts we see on papers like the New York Times or Philadelphia Inquirer. The stories are well spaced; not cluttered or jam packed like many other papers. The font they use for their copy is also clean, modern. This allows for an easier read. Their placement of the main front page image is attention-grabbing, especially with the font & all-caps they used for "beautiful storm".
from newseum.org

2 comments:
I really like the Houston Chronicle masthead as well. It is an attention grabber yet still professional in appearance.
I like the Houston Chronicle masthead because it is simple, yet bold and eye catching.
Post a Comment